Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: A military man speaks out:

  1. #11
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A military man speaks out:

    I'll give you that Saddam had used them, but that was also before we went in and kicked his butt the first time. As for kicking the UN inspectors out, he had played games with them, no doubt about that, but not to the extent that we were made to believe right before we decided we had to 'get him'. Thats why the UN wasn't backing us.

    Glad to know you voted both ways, anytime there has been more than 1 vote the last, I don't know, 10 years, I think I have voted a split ticket at least.

    Yes Clinton probably did pass up chances to take out Bin Laden, just as I'm quite sure Bush 1 did. The US isn't known for their tendancy to 'take out' people. Being honest, if Clinton had 'taken out' Bin Laden, he would have gotten beotched out and drug through the coals by the GOP for taking out someone who was innocent or 'was helping us out' or whatever sounded good then, same thing that the Democrats will scream now if Bush takes out someone.

    There is no real right or real wrong for either party, because both parties do plenty of stupid things that come back to bite them or the other side, its just on who can sling it the best.

    It's all posturing, and we're all guilty of believing the ones we support.

    I'll say this, Clinton lied about a [censored]. Last I knew, him getting some or not getting some didn't cost a person their life. Bush lied about a situation, what was known or what they 'thought they knew' or what they 'wanted to think they knew' and we've lost a lot of lifes from that. Now did Clinton not take out Bin Laden before, which cost us a lot of life? That's an absolute possibility. Of course he may have taken out Bin Laden, which caused the Muslim world to hate us more and do more terrorist strikes on us. That is something we don't know. By the same token, maybe Bush going in there has prevented them from doing more strikes, so maybe in a round about way, he has saved lifes. Of course, he may have created an entire next generation of Muslim fanatics who now view us worse than the previous generation ever did.

    There is so much BS. I'll admit, when I was convinced that they had all the weapons that Bush said, hey I backed him. Go in there and take that dog out. I'll not deny I'm glad that we got him and he is executed. That all being said, was our reasoning for going there valid? Apparently not. Now we're there. Our goal was to what, take him out, free the Iraqi people from his regime. We've done that, but strangely enough, we're not welcomed like we were told we would be.

    Put yourself in the Iraqi people shoes. Someone comes in here, invades the United States because of our ruthless ruler. Hey maybe thats good, maybe thats bad. Shoot most of us might figure that its not so bad, especially if the person was bad. Only problem is they come in here, they get rid of him and they decide to help us set up a good government like they want. How many of us are going to think wow glad they are here? Right or wrong, nobody wants their home country occupied.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  2. #12
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: A military man speaks out:

    (thread comment)Put on the blinders , the saints are marching in. Bush the first sold arms to Iran, according to the Iran/Contra scandal. Ollie is the only thing that saved them. Check the secret society at Yale the Bush boys , all three belonged to. Too many people see one thing , and won't look any further. But it ain't all my money. I bet we could get new schools for everybody in the state for the money WASTED in Iraq. Just what was blown on the DOD contractors. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Here are the true Bush colors ,cut from an interview- well really there were two.
    [ QUOTE ]
    Bush won, of course, but not without making one critical mistake. It happened during Bush's acceptance speech at the Republican national convention in August. He made what would eventually prove to be one promise too many:


    Bush "The Congress will push me to raise taxes and I'll say no. And they'll push, and I'll say no, and they'll push again. And I'll say to them: 'Read my lips -- No. New. Taxes.'"
    After Bush won the election, of course he raised taxes. He always knew he was going to have to do it -- it was inevitable. In fact, Bush signed the largest tax increase in history. Nevertheless, millions of Republican voters felt they had been doublecrossed. But he had only told them what he knew they wanted to hear. He assumed they knew that. And it was that duplicity which ultimately cost him the re-election. ...
    REPORTER: You said, President Bush, that a "New World Order" would emerge once the Gulf crisis has been solved. How do you envisage this New World Order?
    PRESIDENT BUSH: Well, I envisage it -- one: where the whole -- once we're -- let me start over.
    Once we set back this aggression, and once it is clear that the security and the stability of the Gulf are enhanced by whatever arrangements are set into place -- once that this invading dictator gets out of Kuwait -- then I think that it's clear we're going to have an opportunity, given the diversity of this coalition, to work more closely together. And part of that -- I want to see a solution to the question of the West Bank, for example. But I think if we work cooperatively as our -- with our common sights set -- this aggressor will not succeed -- it opens up all kinds of possibilities for a New World Order.

    We're already seeing that "world order" means "world." And we're beginning to see that with what happened out of the -- well, just as a result of the actions that led up to this successful CSCE meeting. I'm going down to South America, and the evolving democracies there are strengthening their economies, and we've got a program that I think will be very helpful there.


    [/ QUOTE ] Good luck with your heros. I sleep very well. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] He stiil has head between his legs looking for that WMD.

  3. #13
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A military man speaks out:

    Agreed that he lied. So did Clinton, they all do. They all say what gets them elected, even in school board elections [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  4. #14
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: A military man speaks out:

    You are missing the point- GW's dad help deal plane parts to Iran. Here is a list of folks he pardoned.
    Elliott Abrams Pardoned for any and all Iran-Contra crimes.
    Aslam P. Adam Clemency for heroin trafficking.
    Duane R. Clarridge Pardoned for any and all Iran-Contra crimes.
    Edwin L. Cox Pardoned for bank fraud.
    Alan Fiers Pardoned for any and all Iran-Contra crimes.
    Clair George Pardoned for any and all Iran-Contra crimes.
    Armand Hammer Pardoned for making illegal contributions to President Nixon's 1972 re-election campaign.
    Robert C. McFarlane Pardoned for any and all Iran-Contra crimes.
    Joseph Occhipinti Commuted sentence for violating the civil rights of accused criminals.
    Caspar W. Weinberger Pardoned for any and all Iran-Contra crimes.
    Think it might have been cause the trail led to the white house, right past Ollie? The Iran hostages were released 20 minutes after Reagan took office. The military attempted a rescue soon after the hostages were taken, but it was botched. So we gave them...mmmm maybe a few F-16 parts? Sounds like a liberal family to me. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beer1.gif[/img] Isn't that sleeping with the enemy? And here is another gut buster from ole dad, I remember this speech.
    Sep 1988 George Bush: "Today, you remember -- I wonder how many Americans remember -- today is Pearl Harbor Day. Forty-seven years ago to this very day we were hit and hit hard at Pearl Harbor. [...] Did I say September 7th? Sorry about that. December 7th ..."





Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •